top of page
  • Corey Hall

Your job is protected from retaliation.

Wrongful termination and retaliation are serious issues that can have a major impact on workers in California. If you've reported your employer by filing a complaint with the California Civil Rights Department about discrimination, then you are protected by law from retaliation.

Under California law, it is illegal for an employer to terminate an employee for any discriminatory reason, or that violates a fundamental public policy. This means that an employer cannot fire an employee based on their race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic. It also means that an employer cannot fire an employee for reporting illegal activity. If you report your employer for discriminatory practices, then you are protected from retaliation.

It's illegal for an employer to retaliate against an employee for engaging in protected activity. This means that an employer cannot take adverse action against an employee, such as demoting them or cutting their pay, because the employee has reported illegal activity, filed a complaint, or participated in a discrimination investigation.

What kind of compensation am I entitled to for wrongful termination?

If you have been wrongfully terminated or retaliated against in California, you may be entitled to compensation. This can include lost wages and benefits, as well as damages for emotional distress. It is important to consult with an experienced employment lawyer to determine your rights and options.

Consult an employment attorney experienced in wrongful termination.

If you believe that you have been wrongfully terminated or retaliated against, it is important to take action quickly. California law has strict time limits for filing a claim, and waiting too long can result in the loss of your rights. An experienced employment lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.

By filling out the contact form.

Or by calling us now at:

(949) 997-0828


Connect with an Employment Attorney

bottom of page